Here's a list of trade ideas for the off season. I know that some of these are of questionable logic but I decided to have fun with ESPN's trade machine today.
- Damp + Stack for Al Jefferson and Craig Smith and Madsen's corpse. Extra size = Mavs win. Minnesota gains a lot of roster room to re-sign their restricted FAs although they may not need any more now.
- Damp + Stack + Wright for B. Haywood + Mike James + Caron Butler. Better center and Butler plays the 2 along with a backup PG in James. Pure salary dump for the Wiz. Substituting Jamison for Butler also works. I don't think the Wiz do either now after the Foye trade so how about number 3?
- Damp for either Jamison or Butler straight up. The Wiz need more front court bodies after their Foye trade but still highly unlikely.
- Stack + Wright +Williams for Kaman.
- Stack + Williams for Camby. These two trades are similar and involve getting a center without trading Damp which I would only do if the Mavs trade Damp but don't get a center back like in number 3 above.
- The obligatory Shaq for salary dump trade but I'm hoping the Suns throw in Tucker to help for depth purposes.