Sweet, sweet revenge. I will admit, it felt nice watching the Mavericks take the lead for good and beat the Spurs in their own house. Don't get me wrong, the Mavs didn't play a pretty game, nor did they run away with this victory. In fact, they probably could have if they had made their free throws. But I won't gripe. I will take this win for what it was- a scrappy, classic Mavs/Spurs showdown that ended favorably for us.
Here's the box score in case you missed it. Of note? Dirk's 12-14 shooting for 26 points. He did not shoot a free throw. We're waiting on a full game recap, so I won't give too much away. In the meantime, feel free to comment on the game. Some possible topics of discussion:
- The free throw shooting, or lack thereof
- Butler's 'slump'
- Chandler's opposite-of-slump
- Dirk being... Dirknasty
- Mahinmi getting some burn against his former team
- The Spurs' new offensive style
- Manu's nose getting busted... again
- Dirk for President of the World
- JJ's inability to stop shooting contested threes
- The upcoming game against the Heat