It's here. After waiting four long years and sitting around watching other, less popular sports (I'm looking at you Moose Climbing), La Copa Mundial has arrived. Let us delve into the tournament of football, the most popular sport on this planet we call, Earth.
The first match today will be the host nation South Africa vs Mexico at 9AM Central on ESPN.
A very anticipated showdown will take place on Saturday at 1:30PM Central time. The teams?
United States vs England.
Wowie wow wow! It's the American Revolution all over again. This time, it's personal.
Group A- South Africa/Mexico/Uruguay/France
Group B- Argentina/South Korea/Nigeria/Greece
Group C- United States/England/Algeria/Slovenia
Group D- Germany/Australia/Serbia/Ghana
Group E- Netherlands/Japan/Denmark/Cameroon
Group F- Italy/Paraguay/New Zealand/Slovakia
Group G- Brazil/North Korea/Ivory Coast/Portugal
Group H- Spain/Switzerland/Honduras/Chile
Times of matches and a link to a printable schedule. I have mine all ready to go.
Here is some very nice info and pictures on the cities and stadiums where games will take place. South Africa looks lovely this time of year.
Finally I will tell you which teams I'm rooting for and I hope you do the same as well. Let's get some competitive spirit going.
1. Mexico- Because I am Mexican.
2. United States- I was born here, it's my home!
3. Germany- Well you know obviously...
4. England- I visited merry old England two years ago, it's fanTAStic.
5. Spain- My grandpa told me we're of Spaniard descent.
6. Australia- I have a few friends down under, their women are pretty hot and I want to visit one day.
I LOVE the World Cup.
Maybe NSFW- Oh My!