-led the charge with 29 points. It appears that his knee and conditioning appear to be getting stronger as the days go by. Nowitzki was able to get rolling early and then provided Dallas with key baskets to stop runs by the . The big German also was a factor on the boards and he finished with 11 rebounds. That means Nowitzki had a double-double and that was the first time he's recorded one since December 11th against the .
- JJ Barea scored 22 points and 10 of them came in the second quarter to bring the Mavs back into the game. They trailed by 7 going into the second quarter and Barea led a 10-0 run to give theback the lead. "Puerto Rico" was inserted into the starting lineup to start the second half and he continued to give the Mavericks energy on both ends of the floor.
-might not have won the scoring battle against but he held his own as Chandler recorded a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. The Mavericks are now 9-2 when Chandler records a double-double. The Mavericks held Stoudemire without a single point in the second half.
- Dirk Nowitzki scored 13 points within the first half of the game and became the 24th player in NBA History to reach the 22,000 points plateau.
- The Mavericks had a case of the oopsies with 9 first-half turnovers. They played under more in control in the second half and finished the game with 15 turnovers.
- The third quarter was a wild quarter as both teams went on major runs. The Mavericks led off with a 21-2 run and the Knicks quickly responded with a 13-0 run.
- Dallas is making it a habit now to win the battle of the boards. They had 54 rebounds to New York's 34. This was the third consecutive game where the Mavs had more rebounds than their opponent. The 54 rebounds tie a season-high in rebounds and is largest rebounding margin of the season.
- The good guys started the season 11-1 on the road and went 2-6 in their last eight road games before tonight's encounter with the Knicks.
- The team brought a balanced scoring attack as they scored 113 points. The Mavs are 23-1 when they score 100 or more points in a game.
What does it Mean:
The Mavericks were able to carry momentum from their home-stand and have now won six consecutive games. Dallas continued their success over the Knicks at Madison Square Garden. The Mavericks have won five in a row on the road against the Knicks, including 8-of-9 in New York. It is a comforting sign to start the road trip with a win. The next challenge for the Mavs will be in the form of the and the Celtics have a home record of 22-3. February will start a stretch where Dallas can work on their road warrior mentality as 19 of their next 29 games will be on the road.