- Dirk Nowitzki did just about everything he could, including hitting what should have been the game-winning shot. His 23 points were impressive, and his clutch shot was vintage Dirk.
- Jason Terry is still making his case for 6th Man of the Year, leading the Mavericks with 26 points, going 4-7 from behind the arc.
- Rodrigue Beaubois had a huge first quarter, and finished with 15 points and two steals. He played just 15 minutes, though, and none of those were in crunch time.
- Brendan Haywood made a valiant effort as a starter again, with 8 rebounds and 6 blocked shots. Zach Randolph is a tough cover, and he killed us with his winning rainbow jumper, but Haywood was defending the best he could there.
- Shawn Marion got another double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds, but the guy had some ugly turnovers. He came down with a case of Dampier hands
- The Mavericks played absolutely beautiful basketball in the first half, heading into the locker room with a 55-38 lead. But then they allowed the Grizzlies to score 41 points in the third and never fully recovered.
- The Mavericks had 13 turnovers, which turned into 23 points for Memphis.
- Dallas had 38 points in the paint... as compared to Memphis, who scored 66. That's right, 66 points in the paint. Apparently without Tyson Chandler, our interior defense is pathetic.
- Jason Kidd made history early in the first quarter by grabbing is 2,446th steal and passing Gary Payton for third all-time in steals.
- The Mavericks had another game with five scorers in double-figures, and the bench contributed 56 points. It was a valiant effort with an unfortunate outcome.