Joern Pollex - Bongarts/Getty Images
The date looks pretty cool today- and we've got some pretty cool links for you. Coincidence? I think not.
There's a lot to digest regarding Dirk's knee. So here are some knee things, and some non-knee things.
- Dirk Nowitzki might have to undergo arthroscopic surgery. Currently, it looks like they're going to wait a bit before going in. Apparently they're hopeful it'll just 'go away'. The dude is 7 feet tall and in his 30s. Things don't just 'go away' anymore. Then again... Dirk does heal pretty well.
- Yesterday, Alan Smithee gave you DWill-less links. Today, I give you one that will probably annoy you, and that's ok. There's apparently a feud going on now. Sigh.
- Apparently Deron Williams told the Nets front officenot to wait on Dwight Howard, essentially telling them not to throw their eggs in one basket. Should the Mavericks?
- Today is National Coming Out Day. Kevin Arnovitz (who is gay, and unrelatedly stepped on my foot at Summer League and felt awful about it for the rest of the day) wrote about coming out in the NBA. Think about it. There are currently NO active NBA players who are openly gay. Emphasis on 'openly'. He quotes Cuban, who is all for coming out as a professional basketball player.
- The Mavericks get the day off today! Why don't I get the day off today? No fairsies.
- If any of you watched the preseason games in Europe, you'd know that O.J. Mayo didn't exactly impress. Tim MacMahon thinks things can only get better.