— NBA (@NBA) February 15, 2012
Jason Terry will not participate in the 3-point shootout during All-Star weekend in Orlando, Florida. The NBA announced the contestants minutes ago and the Mavericks veteran was not among them. He already wanted to participate in 2010, when the All-Star weekend was held in Dallas. This would have been his third shootout: He was out in the first round in 2007 in Las Vegas as well as in 2006 in Houston.
Jason Terry lobbied for his participation earlier this month, but Dirk Nowitzki already joked that "he might want to make some shots first, especially on the road" after their win against the Timberwolves on February, 10th, which featured All-Star and shootout participant Kevin Love.
Terry averages a team-high 9.32 3-Point Field Goals per 100 Possessions, which the second most of his career and converts them at a reasonable rate of 37.58%, but only 31.25% on the road, where he attempts 10.79 per 100.
Here's the complete list of this years participants including shot attempts and percentages:
- James Jones, Miami Heat: 8.97 3FGA - 40.47%
- Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat: 7.79 3FGA - 46.34%
- Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic: 11.67 3FGA - 42.11%
- Anthony Morrow, New Jersey Nets: 9.61 3FGA - 41.96%
- Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves: 5.82 3FGA - 36.07%
- Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks: 7.57 3FGA - 35.57%
After the jump you'll find a list of the specialists this season, averaging over 8 attempts per 48 minutes while shooting above 40.00% (via @bball_ref).