April 12, 2012; Oakland, CA, USA; Dallas Mavericks guard Rodrigue Beaubois (3) drives to the basket against the Golden State Warriors during the second quarter at ORACLE Arena. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
For those wondering where the Mavericks offense went: here it is. Whether the removal of Odom, the looming playoff run finally sinking in, or just players getting healthy and on their stride, the offense is starting to perk up. Back to back games of 110+ points, with diverse scoring across the board,
As Dirk can attest, it's about time he got some help. With as many weapons as the Mavericks have, there is no need for everyone to be running at full cylinders. As long as several players continue to be impactful, it's okay when Vince Carter goes 2/9 or Roddy commits four turnovers. There are people to fill in.
- Brandan Wright. 16/9 and two blocks. He's a monster.
- Roddy had a great first half, including an alley-oop finish. He took a few bad shots, and right during the run that GS was making, which really hurt.
- Shawn Marion is attacking the glass like his life depends on it. 12 more tonight.
- The Mahinmi-Wright lineup made an appearance, although I didn't see any revolutionary results that are going to change the way the offense is run. It's simply a way to use Wright more and have him take some of Odom's minutes when Carlisle does not want to go small with Marion backing Dirk.
- If I type anymore, I will fall asleep at the keyboard. Good night, all, I'll try to get another bullet point or two up this morning when I'm actually coherent.