DALLAS, TX - MAY 25: Dallas Mavericks fans paints their chests saying 'Dirk' for Dirk Nowitzki #41 of the Mavericks before the Mavericks take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game Five of the Western Conference Finals during the 2011 NBA Playoffs at American Airlines Center on May 25, 2011 in Dallas, Texas. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
Here's your daily linking of Mavericks' news, analysis and stories:
Jeff Caplan confirms that the Mavericks will not pay the luxury tax this year, after a long history of doing so. He also gives some stats on what the Mavericks have paid in previous years.
- He also highlights five games that stand out on the schedule next season. I have to agree -- it will indeed be a strange sight watching Jason Terry take threes in Celtic green.
- And to complete the ESPN Dallas threepeat, here's Elton Brand on ESPN Dallas radio talking about his new team and teammates.
- Marian Hinton of Yardbarker talks about how the Mavericks turned the tables on what could have been a horrible off-season.
- Tim Cowlishaw thinks it would be optimistic to think the Mavericks will even achieve a sixth seed this year.
- Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don't Lie notes that the Mavericks have paid the second most in luxury tax since it was instituted in 2000.