Your daily Mavs links begin...now:
- Jeff Caplan reports that Terry Stotts is a finalist for the Portland job, along with the interim coach from last season, Kaleb Canales. While it's always preferable to hang onto good assistant coaches, a part of me is rooting for Stotts to get the job because he's done good work here in Dallas and deserves it. If he does get the job, this would mark the second year in a row that a lead assistant in Dallas was hired as a head coach, following Dwane Casey heading to Toronto last year.
- Contrary to some reports, Eddie Sefko is saying that Dirk is NOT married yet. Married men all over the DFW area better hope this whole thing works out, because if Dirk shows up at your front door and says he's going to marry your wife, she's not going to say no.
- Earl K. Sneed, at Mavs.com, tries to answer the question of whether Collison is going to be able to replace Hall of Famer Jason Kidd. No pressure, Darren.
- Mavs offseason means...twitter mailbags! All the other good ideas have been used up, so this is what we're left with. Bryan, at Mavs Fast Break, gives impressively long answers to the 160 character or less questions tweeted at him. I'm actually impressed how he turned each one into several paragraphs. I have much less patience, and my five answers would have been, in this order: "Sure", "Nah", "Shut the hell up about Dwight Howard. Seriously. Right now.", "Well, duh", and "Bernard James". Yes, this was partly just a ploy to make sure you actually click the link so you look at the questions (and ideally, the answers too).
- Oh, and Hardwood Paroxyzzgmsxf (I never can spell that second word) has a piece about Lamar Odom, which isn't directly related to the Mavericks, but has some relevance for a Mavs fan. If you've successfully forgotten about Lamar Odom's stint as a Maverick and completely deleted any memory of him from your brain, I A) salute you and B) insist that you DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK. No need to bring back memories if you don't have to. If Odom is haunting your neural passages, though, maybe this piece will bring you peace (so I guess you could call it a...wait for it...peace piece?).
- Either I suck at linking stuff, or there wasn't much else out there today. Hopefully this will be enough to knock out an hour of your afternoon, though. Dallas and Cents will be back tomorrow.