YO WHAT UP B-ROCK? Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE
News and whatnot. It's Thursday... almost Friday...
- Andy Kamenetzky from ESPN's Land 'o Lakers blog looks at how Cuban's assertions that the Mavericks almost traded for Kobe Bryant might have affected the Lakers back in 2007. Cuban originally discussed this non-event on the Ben & Skin show we linked earlier this week.
- Fran Blinebury of Hang Time Blog believes that former Maverick, Eddie Najera, will make a great coach in the D-League because he wasn't necessarily a star. We all know and love Najera, but the fact that he was in the NBA for 12 years while averaging the numbers he did (never more than 7 points/season) is an impressive feat.
- Apparently that Mountain Dew commercial that Cuban was in was directed by Tony Scott, the director of Top Gun who recently committed suicide. Cuban was distressed to hear the news and shared that he had discussed working with Scott on future projects.
- We generally try to avoid politics here on MMB, but I just had to share that Vince Carter has reportedly donated the maximum allowable $35,800 to Presidential candidate Barack Obama. The article from WNYC.org (New York's public radio) noted that while NBA players seem to overwhelmingly support Obama, the majority of NBA Owners have donated to Romney and the Republican campaign.
- Were we aware that Dirk Nowitzki is the second-highest paid player in the NBA? Because he is. Second only to Kobe Bryant.