March 10, 2012; Phoenix, AZ, USA; This could be YOU. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE
We're five days into September, inching towards training camp....
- As Cowboys season opener news usurp all, ESPN Dallas has nothing new about the Dallas Mavericks. At all. In about a week. But there's about 14 new pieces on the Cowboys' practice squad.
- Avery Johnson was in Ft. Worth yesterday speaking at local schools. Obviously, speaking about important issues like education, giving back to the community, staying off the stree-OHHH he said some stuff about basketball too, cool! Apparently, Avery also said he thinks the Nets aren't a championship team, but I think he meant "yet", while most of us think "ever".
- Eddie Sefko continues his look at possible free agent targets for next season with Utah Jazz center Al Jefferson.
- Earl K. Sneed asks "will this be Rick Carlisle's greatest challenge yet?" I'd say it's up there.
- Matt Moore of CBS Sports has a breakdown of the Mavs' offseason. It's about the fourth or fifth article I've seen describing the Mavericks' summer that contains a Batman quote.
- Clippers fans are realizing Lamar Odom is "surrounded with questions". Uh, yeah.
- Over at Pounding the Rock, the Western Conference teams are ranked, and naturally the Mavericks come in at
- Anyone want to be the new mascot for the Phoenix Suns?