Slim pickins, y'all. Enjoy...
- Earl K. Sneed wonders how much of an impact Brandan Wright can have on this year's team, what with Chris Kaman and Elton Brand likely holding down the painted area. Still, he might get a bump up to the first backup spot at center, since the other option is rookie Bernard James.
- Dirk Nowitzki is, like, the funniest ever. If you don't follow him on twitter, you're a terrible human being and you don't deserve to be a Mavericks fan.
- Derek Ayala of RantSports thinks that the Mavericks need to keep their rookies and build around them rather than cross their fingers and hope for a "big fish" if they are to be prepared for life after Dirk. Life after Dirk? Wait, what? That's a thing?
- Avery Johnson is no thief. And the Nets didn't steal Deron Williams. But we'll continue to tell ourselves that because why would anyone choose Brooklyn over Dallas? (asks the girl who lives in New York City...)
- Start thinking about who you'd vote for as the Mavericks' biggest rival. Next week our league-wide themed post is about rivalries, and Dallas has their fair share. Be on the lookout for a poll later today.