Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
News and notes from around the web for your Dallas Mavericks on Sunday, January 13th, 2013.
So, uh, where did that come from?
- Dirk says it was good to be on the other side of a blowout for once. Agreed! Apparently the Grizzlies were "dog tired". They most have been hibernating. *drumroll*
- This win comes on the heel of Cuban having to answer questions about quitting on the season and trading Dirk. Obviously, one win doesn't change everything, and Dallas still has a long climb, but it sure is easier to see the appeal of keeping this club together when they're blowing out one of the Western Conference's elite. Maybe it was just all about John Hollinger payback?
- Some notes on the latest newest Mav, and O.J's preparation for his old mates coming to town.
- Mark Cuban says he definitely won't trade Dirk(duh), but says chances of trying to make a move are "100 percent"(double duh).
- One move that might be on the horizon for next season? Apparently Dallas has or will kick the tires on former #1 overall pick and perpetual injured reserve list-dweller, center Greg Oden. Count me(and Andy, it would seem) among those injur-I mean interested. I have no idea if or how long Oden can play, but I'd love to find out. My guess is that Oden, as word begins to leak of his recovery progress, will gather other suitors, and we have already heard several times that the Miami Heat are on his radar.
- Speaking of recovery, Josh Howard is resting in Dallas after ACL surgery. It's really pretty sad to see how snake-bitten Josh has been since he left Dallas. I know there were some who wanted the team to bring him back this year.
- If this is how the team plays after DeMarcus Cousins punches somebody, let's have it be a full-time thing, no? The oh-so tactful Tim McMahon suggests (practically) this, touching on the Mavs-Cousins rumors that won't go away but seem next to impossible to connect the dots for a reasonable trade exchange.
- Ball Don't Lie's latest caption-game starring Mavs coach Rick Carlisle and maybe his Carlisle-est face ever. Oh, and apparently Zach Randolph is very, very afraid of cats.
- I don't know how I missed this, but, in the wake of the Melo-KG incident, a hilarious piece on this time Jerry Stackhouse beated the snot out of Kirk Snyder, back when the former was still a Maverick. Oh, and then Kirk Snyder thanked him for it! Had no idea Stackhouse was this badass. Stack is so good at beating up NBA players he has his own top five list.
- If you don't know, Mark Cuban has a policy of matching any fine total levied against him and donating that same amount to a charity. For Cuban's latest finable comments, apparently, the charitable organization Art Feeds has received $50 K.