Some newsy tidbits and other things you may have missed:
2. Our own Kirk Henderson is on the mend after a microdiscectomy - the same procedure Dwight Howard underwent last year. Kirk looks at why the Mavs may have actually dodged a bullet by missing on D12.
3. Dallas Morning News has a nice summary of Rick Carlisle's interview on the Ben & Skin show the other day, where he touched on what we can expect from the new guys, among other things.
4. Our fearless leader Tim Cato did a guest post for Sheridan Hoops, looking at the five biggest storylines for the Mavs' upcoming season.
5. Kelly Dwyer of Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie had an interesting look at how Mark Cuban got introduced to the idea of buying the Mavs - by former player Mark Aguirre.
6. In news that did not surprise me one bit, Mike Fisher reports that Cuban loves the idea of nicknames on jerseys.
7. Real estate news! Jose Calderon bought a mansion in University Park. It's reeeeeally pretty.