Do you have a New Year's resolution? I do. I've gotten a bit fat since my back surgery and I want to become less fat.
While I'm sure the Mavericks have resolutions of their own, we here at Mavs Moneyball have taken it upon ourselves to come up with resolutions for them. This is compilation from the entire staff.
- Call R.C. Buford, ask if his refrigerator is running
- Lead more fast breaks
- Appear to play defense at least twice a week
- Take more shots because I am really good at them when I'm open.
- Chuck with less conscience.
- Give Brandan Wright a significant portion of my salary.
- Make a firm decision about whether or not the headband is part of my life. Either way, give Tim Cato the exclusive on my decision.
- Why would I need to work on anything?
- Dunk in a game.
- Convert on contested dunks 20, even 30% of the time.
- Do the splits after making a sweet play.
- Remind coach of existence
- Prove I can shoot.
- Have more confidence.
- Write a self help book on having it all.
- Two words: Cyborg. Ankles.
- Play a game for the Mavericks.
- Go back in time, start playing basketball as a youth
- Grow four inches
- Shave off my mustache because it's not a good look and I just now realized this.
- Remember how to attack and shoot.
- Start shooting floaters from the three-point line. Why not?
- Get that finger looked at.
- Ask Jae for shooting tips.
- Work on handsomeness
- Improve swag.
- Regrow beard.
- Shave head, hopefully in conjunction with a regrown beard.
- Dunk more.
- Stop missing shots. Ever
- Come up with an elaborate dunk celebration, preferably something like Dhalsim's celebration dance.
Most of these are meant in jest. Happy New Year everyone!