- What a game. Dirk and Monta going off, the third quarter 3-point barrage, the 13-point comeback. It all came together for a game that I will remember for a long time. Props to the AAC for being full and bringing life throughout the game.
- MontaDirk tied the Suns in the second half -- each scored 44 points.
- Of course, the story of this game might be completely changed if Goran Dragic hadn't been suffering from ankle problems. He labored for 13 points on 33 percent shooting and really never made a mark on the game, not like he's shown the ability to do all season.
- The Suns had 18 turnovers and 14 assists.
- If the Suns beat the Grizzlies on Monday, the Mavericks can rest their starters and take it easy on Wednesday. I want that mmkay? Also, for a good month now, I've been rooting for an Oklahoma City first round match-up. I don't think it matters either way but that one will at least be more fun than the San Antonio death machine.
PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS— Mavs Moneyball (@mavsmoneyball) April 13, 2014
You guys I stopped breathing 30 minutes ago dunno how I'm alive.— Mavs Moneyball (@mavsmoneyball) April 13, 2014
Dirk's trying to 360 dunk in warm-ups. This should be fun tonight.— Tim Cato (@tim_cato) April 13, 2014
ITS GOING DOWN. IM YELLING MONTAAAAA— Kirk Henderson (@KirkSeriousFace) April 13, 2014
Monta moves to 58.3 percent on those left corner 3-pointers after making back to back.— Tim Cato (@tim_cato) April 13, 2014
AAC update: guy in front of the press box threw his hat in the air, lost it, then turned around to high five us all.— Mavs Moneyball (@mavsmoneyball) April 13, 2014
If you like .gif
I'm usually pretty straight-faced in the press box. But as Dirk dribbled up, I remember saying "he should pull up," and he did. And I literally just laughed for 30 seconds straight.
To take the lead.
First shot looked like the Dirk of old. We've seen that move a time or two.
To enter halftime.
Congrats to Dirk and the Mavs! http://t.co/gg2bVdT29U— Drew Sheppard (@DShep25) April 13, 2014
Some light reading
- Not much, mainly just our gameday coverage for the Suns yesterday. And Bailey Rogers' article about how the perception of Dirk has changed over the years.
- One other thing: I stumbled upon this article for the first time and it's one of the best-written things about Dirk I've ever read. If you haven't seen it, take a look.
Haiku and goodbye
The Mavs are now back this year
And don't count Dirk out