- Cuban was on Gallaway and Co. the other day, and explains why Avery was let go .
- Dirk has a girlfriend.
- Dirk is also back in Germany, and speaks about the Olympics this year in Beijing.
- Looks like Dallas could possibly host the 2010 NBA All-Star game ... but not at the AAC.
- Rick and Co. are down in Orlando for the pre-draft training camp for the week, and then will be off to Italy for the European pre-draft camp out there.
- David Moore compares Kidd and Indiana Jones...
Jason Kidd and Indiana Jones aren't all that different. Too much time has passed for either to recapture the swashbuckling inspiration of his youth, but both retain a commanding presence and would benefit from a better script. The Dallas Mavericks acquired Kidd to make a difference, but they couldn't figure out how to use him or put him in positions to be successful. The result, in the words of Dirk Nowitzki, was another wasted season. ... Speculate all you want about the team's need to trade Josh Howard or shake up the roster. A key to next season will be Carlisle's ability to devise a system that maximizes the skills of his 35-year-old point guard.