Are you looking for some fun NBA-related activities this weekend? If so, you're in luck because the NBA Nation Tour is coming to the Metroplex this weekend (July 9 - 11). If you're not familiar with the NBA Nation Tour, it is the NBA’s largest mobile basketball playground -- a customized 18-wheel truck that expands into a 20,000-square-foot basketball playground for fans of all ages to participate in a variety of activities. The NBA Nation action is non-stop including competitions, basketball games, contests, and prizes, as well as special appearances by NBA stars past and present.
NBA Nation offers a variety of activities for fans including:
• T-Mobile Halftime Court – Fans can take part in competitions and clinics featuring the "T-Mobile Shoot Against Your Friends and Family" game, pitting fans with their family and friends against an opposing team to see who can sink their shots first for the chance to win T-Mobile myTouch phones and Authentic NBA Jerseys.
• Kia Motors Performance Challenge – The winner of the Performance Challenge, which tests fans’ dribbling, passing and shooting skills against the clock, will win an all-new 2011 Kia Sorento CUV. The champion will be crowned in Dallas on July 11 in a competition featuring winners from each city.
• Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown – Fans can use their creativity and basketball skills to perform their best dunks before a panel of judges including NBA Nation Ambassador Darryl Dawkins. One winner from each city, determined by fans via text vote, will receive a $1,000 prize and continue competing for the chance to be crowned the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown Champion at NBA All-Star 2011 in Los Angeles.
• T-Mobile Halftime Report – Basketball fans will have the opportunity to be a sportscaster for the day by participating in the T-Mobile Halftime Report photo booth. Each fan will receive a photo keepsake and throughout the day, fans will have a chance to win prizes including a T-Mobile myTouch.
• Kia Motors Performance Zone – Fans can take NBA-action-style photos on a green screen and participate in a Kia vehicle-centric scavenger hunt.
• T-Mobile VIP Sky Deck – Existing T-Mobile customers will be granted access to the T-Mobile VIP Sky Deck where they can watch the action, listen to deejays spinning the hottest music and enjoy refreshments.
• Measure Up – Fans can measure themselves against life-size replicas of favorite players on the Tall and Short, Arm Span, Walk of Fame and Get-A-Grip displays.
• NBA’s 50 Greatest Plays – Watch historic NBA plays on a 47-inch flat screen.
• Video Arcade – Fans challenge each other to the latest NBA video games aboard the NBA Nation show truck.
For more information, please check out their Official Press Release
Be sure to check out that release to see who is lined up to appear over the weekend! You can find more details on their Facebook page (search NBA Nation), and their twitter account (search @nbanation).