Always nice to do some Mavs-links on an actual day game.
- Dallas goes against Phoenix tonight, as our newest member of the team previewed. Phoenix has an odd roster, with former top pick castoffs, the artist formerly known as Dwight Howard's backup who was nearly a Mav, and a guy the Suns basically gave away only to desperately thrown money at to get back 18 months later.
- Recently suspended guard Delonte West will be active for the game, apparently having reconciled whatever issues triggered the suspension in the first place.
- We still don't know exactly what those issues were(and I don't think we need to), but Eddie Sefko answered a question speculating that the problem may have been related to playing time in what is a crowded backcourt. I have a hard time believing Delonte didn't understand the situation, given he was the last guard to be brought back. Still, if he's not willing to share time Carlisle has other directions he can go in.
- Earl K. Sneed writes that Dallas is pushing on through training camp, despite the distractions, which they've already grown accustomed to in an offseason that's had the black cloud of Dirk Nowitzki's knee hanging over it.
- Continuing on the subject of bad behavior, apparently D.J Mbenga has been arrested after a drunken altercation with a cop. Yikes. The article states he claimed he was about to sign with the Toronto Raptors, so at least it isn't our problem.
- If you thought Jae Crowder was going to let 20 points in 15 minutes go to his head: don't worry, his coach won't let it. Crowder is apparently aware of Carlisle's reputation for being hard on rookies, though I think we know that Carlisle is one of Crowder's biggest fans.
- I just can't get enough Boston JET craziness. He's learning a Boston accent, getting tattoos, talking about hating whoever Boston hates...I'm so glad I can appreciate this endearing quirkiness from afar and not have to deal personally with the inevitable hair-pulling moments like when he forgets the score.
And that's it.