Hurray, politics are over forever, right?
- Dallas takes on Toronto tonight. Previews, recaps, game threads: all you could or would want can be found right here!
- As reported, Shawn Marion and now Elton Brand will be out. Jae Crowder appears likely to get the start in place of Marion, and Kaman should take Brand's spot.
- Speaking of Kaman, the big fella is still working his way into game shape, but has apparently taken a liking to the Mavs' "flow offense", exhibited by his scorching-hot shooting so far this season.
- Rodrigue Beaubois apparently remains a game-time decision, though it seems likely he'll be out, as well.
- Of course, Toronto is dealing with injuries, too. Dynamic point guard Kyle Lowry turned his ankle against Oklahoma City and may be out against Dallas.
- Despite all the injuries, Dallas has a good shot at being 4-1 after tonight, and Eddie Sefko says the biggest reason is coach Rick Carlisle.
- Vince Carter once called Toronto home and still gets a great deal of media attention there. But having your jersey retired there? Hmmm. I'd be curious exactly how Raptor fans would feel about that one.
- O.J Mayo has been ballin' the last few games, but just in case you were feeling good about things, here's some reasons it will all go horribly wrong!
- I feel like the ratio of Cuban headlines to actual Mavs player headlines this year has been 1:1.
- A great call from the late Jim Durham. JD was the play by play guy during my seminal Mavs years, though most probably remember him for his calling of various astounding feats of Michael Jordan.
And that's it.