With basketball season on the horizon, there's so many basketball articles, it's easy to miss a few. But that's what we're here for! Take a look at some of the best non-Moneyball content from around the internet.
- The Forever War: A History and Future Timeline of the Daryl Morey-Mark Cuban Feud by Netw3rk. If you aren't reading Grantland every week, I don't know what to tell you. It has some of my favorite stuff every week and this is no different. It's pretty funny, mainly because it's very accurate.
- Exclusive: Monta's Summer Photo Album by Jason Gallagher. We love Jason around these parts and this is a key reason why. Monta took that amazing selfie, but it was up to the internet to run with it. Mission accomplished, I say.
- Slam Interview with Monta Ellis by Yaron Weitzman. I don't want to spoil it for you, this was a fun read. It makes me happy for Monta.
- League Pass Five by Matt Moore. This is pretty helpful for the non-Texan Maverick fans. Moore explains his watchability scale, then breaks down which teams you should follow. He likes theMavericks so much he makes an exception to his own rules.
- Mavericks' Chandler Parsons embarks on off-season of redefinition by Rob Mahoney. Maybe I'm partial because Mr. Mahoney was my first writing boss, but this is just so good. It's a detailed look at why the multi-talented Parsons may be more useful in the system in Dallas than the Harden-based system in Houston.
- MOR Podcast - Chandler Parsons Interview by Brian Gutierrez. Brian got a half hour with Parsons on media day. It's worth a listen.
- Mavs Donuts: Taking You Inside the Roster by David Lord. If you all don't check out the columns and message board at DallasBasketball.com, you should. Any information from Mr. Lord is valuable and he has nuggets about the roster and salary cap implications.
There's clearly more work out there. If you see something great this week, please pass it along to me, either via email (accessable via the masthead) or on twitter (@KirkSeriousface)
Keep up with all our coverage on Mavs Moneyball
TwitterFollow on Twitter
FacebookLike on Facebook