As we get set for Game 2 tomorrow, we take a look around the web at what others are saying about the Mavericks and the Game 1 that almost was but wasn't and how cool would that have been but sighhhhhh.
Here are some things you may have missed:
- Coach Nick breaks down Game 1 in video form, and says the Mavs have reason to be optimistic going forward. http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/21/5636396/mavericks-spurs-video-breakdown-nba-playoffs-201
- SB Nation's Tom Ziller talks about the Carlisle-Popovich defensive battle, and how the Mavericks did well but the Spurs ultmately did...well, a little better.
- Bryan Guitierrez over at ESPN Dallas talks about Carlisle's choice to go with offense rather than defense down the stretch, as he opted to sit Marion and Dalembert in the fourth quarter.
- 48 Minutes of Hell has some more on the Spurs' Game 1 defense and Kawhi Leonard's role in particular.
- Of course, no list would be complete without that lovely Craig Sager Jr./Gregg Popovich interview on TNT after the third quarter, which if you were watching the Dallas broadcast you may not have seen.
- Today is DeJuan Blair's birthday, apparently! We here at Mavs Moneyball wish him a happy birthday and hope it's a "Special" one.
We'll have some more stuff later today on Dirk's Game 1 that wasn't, and of course, get you set for Game 2 as usual tomorrow. In the meantime, chat about the other playoff match-ups here or check out the rest of the great MMB content.