ARE YOU EXCITED THAT THE MAVERICKS WON THAT GAME?!?!?!
I'm still pretty amped, to be honest. To pay homage to Dirk and the Mavericks, I'll be attending Friday happy hour at Dirk's favorite Dallas bar. He probably won't be there though, for reasons you'll see below.
Here are some Game Two and non-Game Two Mavs stories you may have missed:
- Rob Mahoney has a great look at Dallas' Game Two "upset" over at Sports Illustrated.
- Zach Lowe over at Grantland calls Mavs-Spurs "the most shocking series so far" of the playoffs.
- Not so much a story, but a great game note from Mark Followill on the Mavs winning that turnover battle on Wednesday night.
- From Eddie Sefko at the Dallas Morning News via Bryan Guitierrez, HOLGER IS IN TOWN!!! Y'all know what that means for the Big Guy. #shots #kidding #sortof
- Over at The Classical, Patrick Redford has a touching story about his cousin's battle with cancer during the 2011 championship run. Prepare the tissues, seriously. This is beautiful.
- Also at The Classical, Connor Hutchon posits that these Mavericks are actually perfect. I don't find myself disagreeing with his premise.
- Our own Jonathan Tjarks has a look at Tim Duncan and what it means (or doesn't) to be a "star" over at RealGM.
Feel free to add anything you've enjoyed the past couple days in the comments below.
GAME THREE TOMORROW WOOOOOOO AAC LET'S GO MAVS! MMB will be liiiiive on the scene!