1. TEAM USA ROLLS ON: The American squad practiced again yesterday, this time in Chicago, in preparation for a Saturday exhibition game. Ricky O'Donnell was there and wrote about being at the practice.
I asked him if there was anything he noticed about Chandler Parsons:
He was playing the four. He really wasn't on the court much though because they cut the scrimmage pretty short with the second team, possibly because of Boogie's injury.
I stand by my original prediction that Parsons will make the team, mainly for his ability to be a stretch four. So that's that.
2. SOCIAL STALKING: Don't think that means I'm NOT about to embed all the Instagram videos that Parsons was in.
3. ALL THE ALLEY OOPS: A list of all 233 players who attempted to finish an alley oop pass. Led by Brandan Wright's 48 (in 52 attempts, fifth in the league), the Mavericks have four players on this list (Marion, Dalembert, Carter).
4. WORST NEWCOMER: ESPN's Summer Forecast predicts Raymond Felton as the fifth worst "newcomer," which surprises no one. They also have Chandler Parsons at the top of the "others receiving votes," though.
5. IT'S FRIDAY, SO HERE'S A VIDEO: