1. SI's TOP 100 NBA PLAYERS SERIES: The first of a few articles throughout the week, Sports Illustrated will be taking a look at the best of the NBA. In the first set of rankings -- 100-51 -- both Monta Ellis (66, last year 68) and Chandler Parsons (56, last year 94) make appearances.
• 19.0 PPG, 5.7 APG, 3.6 RPG, 45.1 FG%, 33.0 3P%
• 16.8 PER, 4.9 Win Shares, 1.9 RAPM
Ellis hasn't changed much in the last year, but a chance to play for a first-rate coach alongside a superstar scorer has clarified his optimal role.
• 16.6 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 4.0 APG, 47.2 FG%, 37 3P%
• 15.9 PER, 7.6 Win Shares, 0.4 RAPM
By prying Parsons away from the Rockets, the Mavericks landed one of the league's very best complementary players. Make no mistake: all "No. 3 guys" are not created equal.
Click through to the full article for a few more thoughts and to see who else is ranked.
2. LET THE PREVIEWS BEGIN: Our very own Tim "Hal" Brown threw an assist to Fansided's Orlando Magic blog, Presto in the Paint, as they previewed the season series between the Mavs and Magic -- which takes on an air of intrigue with Jameer Nelson now a Maverick. See what Tim had to say here.
3. MORE TRAINING CAMP SIGNINGS: After signing Charlie Villanueva last week, the Mavs today added Dominican guard Victor Liz. Pro Basketball Talk has some details for you.
4. IS GAL MEKEL EVER NOT ON A BEACH?: The answer is apparently "no."
5. TWEET OF THE WEEKEND: Chandler Parsons flirts with some Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders because hey, why not?