1. MAVS YOU FORGOT TO REMEMBER: Kind of like #BestGameLive last week, we decided to keep the fun rolling with another mini-series of posts: "Mavs You Forgot to Remember." The first, from new writer Kate Crawford, went up this morning and is filled with all the Kris Humphries information you never knew you wanted. Check it out, and keep an eye out for a few more posts as the week rolls on.
2. ESPN'S NBA RANK SERIES HAS BEGUN: And new Maverick Eric Griffin, of Summer League fame, came in at 477. Kirk Henderson wrote a little about him earlier this summer. Check out where the rest of the (least of the?) NBA was ranked, and we'll keep you updated as more Mavs make their appearances.
3. THE BEST DIRK INTERVIEW YOU WILL EVER WATCH: Andrew Lynch over at HP's new Friendly Bounce dissects a wide-ranging and not at all serious interview Dirk gave to a German TV station. It's embedded below (you'll want to turn on subtitles), and you will absolutely want to check out Andrew's awesome commentary as well.
4. MAVS INTERESTED IN RONDO?: CelticsBlog has an interview with Sean Deveney of the Sporting News. In it he discusses all things Rajon Rondo including who may be his main suitors if Danny Ainge puts Rondo on the trading block. Houston and OKC seem to be the front runners but don't discount Dallas. From Deveney:
Dallas has pursued pretty much any big-time free agent it can, I would assume they'd at least express interest.
It's all speculation at this point, but I would not rule out teams simply because they won't have cap space or they already have a decent point guard.
Check out the whole interview here.
5. PARSONS AND THE CAMEL, EXPLAINED: For those of you who are charitably inclined, North Texas Giving Day is tomorrow. I work in development and this is a really amazing event and a big deal, giving charities the opportunity to receive bonus and matching funds if you donate through the Communities Foundation of Texas tomorrow. If you're the charitable type, and have a North Texas charity (or a national charity with a local presence, like the Red Cross) that you support, I'd encourage you to make tomorrow the day you donate, and use this page to do it. It will make your gift all that much more impactful.