The Mavericks beat the Nuggets 144-143 on Friday in double overtime in a game I'm not sure I'll ever quite understand. Like, the things that happened in it are basically beyond comprehension. I rewatched the game and I'm still confused.
Here is every ridiculous play that happened in that game ranked. There will be no criticism of the rankings because they are 100 percent objectively correct and cannot be questioned.
22. Dirk gets his 33rd block of the year against J.J. Hickson (Dirk has 33 blocks!?)
21. Richard Jefferson hitting this clutch layup near the end of regulation
20. Look at the basket. How did Dirk's 3-pointer rattle out?
19. Monta Ellis mishandles a Jefferson handoff late in regulation, giving the Nuggets another chance (they miss)
18. Not Monta's fault here, though. We're impressed he drew iron!
17. The Mavericks leaving Kenneth Faried *this* wide open late in regulation
16. Dirk trying to guard Wilson Chandler (result: an alley oop dunk)
15. Dirk's face
14. Danilo Gallinari hitting this 3-pointer over Barea
13. The Mavericks forgetting to rebound on a crucial second overtime possession
12. This cross court pass from Ty Lawson to Gallinari for a 3-pointer
11. Raymond Felton setting up his game winner with this clutch 3-pointer earlier in double OT
10. Actually, Danilo Gallinari's entire night was ridiculous.
9. Especially when you consider his hair/beard combo
8. Charlie V missing this layup
7. Oh you sweet, sweet people. You didn't deserve this.
6. This, uh, dunk attempt from Danilo Gallinari? Somehow got him free throws so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5. Rondo's suit game is strong
4. WAIT HE'S ALSO WEARING PURPLE SHOES?!
3. RICHARD JEFFERSON SLAM
2. RAYMOND. FELTON. GAME. WINNER.
1. Literally one thing could be better than a Raymond Felton game-winning layup, and that's a Raymond Felton game-winning block moments later.
Did I miss any? Probably. Yell at me in the comments for missing some parts if you'd like!