Now that the Mavericks’ regular season roster is almost set (though I’m sure there will be some tinkering yet to come), Vegas Summer League is upon us. Practices are already in full swing at American Airlines Center (an old friend even showed up today!) with games to start July 9 at Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas. Jamahl Mosley will coach the squad.
Here’s the roster:
- Justin Anderson (G/F, Virginia)
- Chane Behanan (F, Louisville)
- Vander Blue (G, Marquette)
- Kyle Collinsworth (G, BYU)
- Perry Ellis (F, Kansas)
- Dorian Finney-Smith (F, Florida)
- Jonathan Gibson (G, New Mexico State)
- A.J. Hammons (C, Purdue)
- Isaiah Miles (F, St. Joseph’s)
- McKenzie Moore (G, UTEP)
- Giovan Oniangue (F, Paris-Levallois Basket/Republic of Congo)
- Satnam Singh (C, IMG Academy FL/India)
- Jameel Warney (F, Stony Brook)
How can you NOT root for a squad with names like Perry Ellis (yes, he is actually sponsored by Perry Ellis the clothing line!) and Vander Blue. Forget Justin Anderson, these are great names.
And here’s the schedule, as far as we know it:
- Game 1: Saturday, July 9 vs. Miami (broadcast locally on TXA21)
- Game 2: Monday, July 11 vs. Toronto
- Game 3: Tuesday, July 12 vs. Boston
- Games 4 & 5: TBD
In the past, there has been a Summer League Pass you can purchase to watch the games online, but I can’t find any quick information on that. Regardless, the first game will be televised locally, and if you can’t watch online, ESPN and NBATV will either broadcast the games live or eventually on a delay.
The Mavs Moneyball staff will be live in Vegas for all your Summer League needs, so look for that coverage coming soon!