Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic has one of the best selling jersey’s in the NBA. Since the start of bubble play in Orlando, Florida, Doncic’s No. 77 ranks second overall behind LeBron James, the NBA announced Wednesday.
Doncic’s jersey isn’t new to the league’s list of best sellers. It’s been a prominent staple since his rookie season, when it ranked No. 13. Ranking second, though, is the highest it’s climbed on the list.
Prior to the cessation on games in March, Doncic’s jersey was also performing well. It ranked sixth overall, marking a previous high point. Doncic’s popularity even extended to Japan, where his jersey was the No. 8 best seller.
Appearing in seven seeding games, Doncic averaged 30 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 9.7 assists to close the regular season inside the bubble. He also shot 47.9% overall and 30% on three-pointers.
In six playoff games, he averaged 31 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 8.7 assists. From the floor, he made 50% percent of his shots and connected on 36.4% of his attempts from behind the arc.
Jersey sales are an indicator of a players popularity. With No. 77 shooting up the ranks, it’s clear that Doncic is quickly become one of the signature faces of the NBA.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
- LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
- Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
- Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers
- Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers
- Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
- Kemba Walker, Boston Celtics
- Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets
- Russell Westbrook, Houston Rockets
- Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets
- Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies