Current Ringer staff writer Rob Mahoney joins Kirk Your Enthusiasm to talk a laundry list of Maverick topics as well as some NBA-at-large questions.
I first connected with Rob nearly a decade ago, when I was an annoying commenter on the now-defunct but awesomely named Two Man Game website, which was a part of the ESPN True Hoop Network. He actually gave me my first shot at writing. After leaving the Two Man Game for the greener pastures of Sports Illustrated, Rob changed jobs about a year ago to work for The Ringer. He’s currently a columnist and host of the NBA podcast Group chat
If you want to hear our show, click the embed below or go to your favorite podcast app, search Mavs Moneyball podcast, and rate and review us. If you don’t want to do that and, if you can’t see to the embed, click here to be taken to the show directly.
We cover a lot of Dallas topics, ranging from his assessment of the Dallas season, the improvement and best use of Luka Doncic, and Kristaps Porzingis’s evolving role in the offense. I ask him about the confusing defensive schemes the Mavericks employ and how they improve their roster. We then talk about the Mavericks in the bubble and how they might fare against the Clippers. Last, we pivot to some NBA topics. This might be the best podcast I’ve been a part of.
Here’s a couple of his recent pieces that we mention on the podcast:
- In the Middle of a Revolution on Robert Covington
- All they do is win... but can they contend? on the Indiana Pacers
Remember to subscribe below to via your favorite podcast app as well as rate and review us! If you need to search, look for “Mavs Moneyball”. Here’s a direct link again for this episode.
- Subscribe/listen on iTunes/Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe/listen on Google Play
- Subscribe/listen on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe/listen on Spotify
- Subscribe/listen on Breaker
- Subscribe/listen on Castbox
- Subscribe/listen on Radio Public
- Subscribe/listen on Pocket Cast
- Subscribe/listen on Stitcher
- Subscribe/listen on Overcast