By now, you’ve likely seen the posts and reposts celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the Dallas Mavericks defeating the Miami Heat in six games. We did a great deal of coverage of the 2011 run during the break last season before the Bubble started, with local television re-running playoff games. Below, there will be some links to that coverage if you’re interest.
He did another just on the defense and the toughness of those Mavericks as well.
Now, to the 2011 title run and our look back:
- The wins over the Blazers help set the tone for the title run.
- The game four victory, the Mavericks were nasty in the best way possible.
- Versus the Los Angeles, the game two thumping Dallas gave the Lakers flipped the script.
- Dirk Nowitzi ground out a key victory over the Thunder in game 3.
- The game two comeback over the Heat is one for the ages.
- Defense in game four versus the Heat showed why that side of the ball was key to winning the championship.
- A different look at game four versus Miami, the fever game.
- All of Dirk’s made shots in the finals!
- From the morning after the championship, a look back from our former editor LJ.
- Not Mavs Moneyball, but Bill Simmons wrote this at Grantland a few days after the win.
There have to be more, so share your favorites about the title in the comments.